Highmark Stadium’s FIFA-certified synthetic turf field is available for hourly and full-day rentals for sporting, entertainment and private events. Turf covering, line painting and field goal installation are subject to additional fees.
The venue’s suite and banquet facilities can also be customized to cater for corporate entertaining and fundraising events, weddings and other private functions. Our large balcony space provides sensational views of the Pittsburgh skyline.
Our banquet area measures approximately 4,000 square feet and can host events for up to 250 guests.
Highmark Stadium’s sports bar measures approximately 2,200 square feet and includes a full service bar serving a selection of food and drink offerings.
About Highmark Stadium
Highmark Stadium broke ground on June 25, 2012. It was completed on April 13, 2013 at a total cost of $10.2 million raised entirely through private investment.
The home of the Pittsburgh Riverhounds professional and Under-23 development teams boasts a seating capacity of 3,500 with additional standing space raising its capacity to about 4,000 for soccer games.
Highmark Stadium is located at Station Square on Pittsburgh’s South Side, overlooking the city’s downtown skyline from across the Monongahela River. Its breathtaking views provide a stunning backdrop to any athletic event, connect, festival or private function.
The venue is surrounded by a variety of restaurants, hotels and nightlife.
Pittsburgh International Airport is a 20-mile drive west of the stadium along the I-376 freeway.
As part of an ongoing commitment to safety and security, Highmark Stadium will implement a policy that limits the size and type of bags that may be brought into Highmark Stadium.
Highmark Stadium Clear Bag Policy
Guests are discouraged from bringing any bags into Highmark Stadium but outlined below is what is permissible. We appreciate everyone’s cooperation and patience as we strive to ensure minimal disruption or delays.
- Bags that are clear plastic, vinyl or PVC and do not exceed 12” x 6” x 12.” (Official Hounds team logo clear plastic tote bags are available through the club store)
- One-gallon clear plastic freezer bag (Ziploc bag or similar).
- Small clutch bags or small purse, approximately the size of a hand 4.5” x 6.5”, with or without a handle or strap can be taken into the stadium with one of the clear plastic bag options.
- Seat cushions and seat cushions with backs will be permitted. No larger than 16” wide with no arms or pockets allowed.
- An exception will be made for medically necessary items after proper inspection at a gate designated for this purpose.Prohibited items include, but are not limited to: purses larger than a clutch bag, coolers, briefcases, backpacks, fanny packs, cinch bags, luggage of any kind, computer bags and camera bags or any bag larger than the permissible size.